Hello fellow 20803 students,
My name is Alex Cutler, I am a sophomore Religion Major from Plano, Texas. I went to high school at Plano West. I was on the Varsity Swim Team, and I played principle chair oboe and english horn for the wind ensemble band. I love to write, writing is an excellent way to express myself. The stories, poems, and autobiographies that I write are mediocre at best, but I have received lots of praise and high school awards for my writings. While I am taking this class because it is required, I do hope that this class helps my persuasive writings for future publications.
Religion is my first and foremost passion. I study it to understand humanity. Religion, be it organized or not, has been apart of human life since we first evolved into thinking beings. Because of this, it has shaped our history, our societies, our cultures, our personalities, our very way of looking at the world. God, be He real or not, is the cornerstone to understanding humanity and the world. I cannot claim what religion is right, however I do know what I believe. If you wish to talk with me about the issues, both positive or negative, of faith and religion, I would be more than willing to play the devil's advocate. No matter what you believe, I would be more than happy to talk with you about them.
Politics, however, is not a passion of mine. I made a choice long ago to avoid discussing government. This is impossible with the coming election. Truth be told, I never new that much about the American system of government. While I was in the class, I didn't retain too much. I do hope that this class gives me a better appreciation of the American system of government. Maybe it will even help me to decide who to vote for in November. If you do enjoy politics, and you would like to teach me, and discuss with me, please let me know.
If everything that we say, write, and do is an arguement then I feel mine is truly unique. I have chosen to use an papyrus style for my blog to show mine affection for literature, music, and history. I have also demonstrated my openness for new relationships and experiences within the first paragraphs. Truth be told, I actually started working on this blog before school even began. I suppose that could demonstrate my desire to achieve and do well in this class, or it could just make me a geek. I think I prefer the part of my academic ambition.
I have read, understood, and agree to the terms of the course syllabus.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment