Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Topic for Unit #2

For my topic, I have chosen to follow what I brainstormed in class: the Environment. I narrowed the topic down to Endangered Species, and more specifically: Polar Bears. Those who would have experience in this subject area would be Animal Rights Activists, Environmental Protection Agencies, even Hunters. Whenever we hear about a specific animal falling onto the Endangered Species List, almost all liberals and many conservatives voice their concern and desire to save that race of animal. With Global Warming arguments being on the rise, the threat to all forms of life becomes a major concern for the American people. Global Warming's ideas stem from the polar ice caps melting and the polar bears losing their natural habitat. The fear is that they will die out. The primary sources that I could find would be news articles, environmental statistics, interviews, activists protests, and published academic sources.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a good topic. Global warming threatens all forms of life, not just the endangered, however, most of the endangered species are the large ones that are visible but actually do not play a significant role in nature. There are all kinds of bacteria and microorganisms that make life possible on earth that are endangered, but no one seems to care about the ones that matter, only the visible ones.

Noelle said...

This so different from your former topic, I'm really interested in how you might handle it. I think you narrowed it down well enough, and I hope you are able to find sufficient and valuable information!

Lindsay B said...

This is an interesting subject to choose. It is obvious that you narrowed it down, and hopefully it is not narrowed down too much and you are able to find enough information regarding the subject. The environment and endangered species is always an important subject being talked about. You should have good primary sources from interviews with experts on the subject.